Poetry Quest day two

Words

Words. I am searching for you,
I know you are out there,
Somewhere,
Hiding just out of sight,
I catch a flicker as a noun scampers,
That verb, there -
Did you see how it leapt
translucent from the page?
Caught in mid air and supplied with emphasis
That it did not intend.

Words. I am searching for you,
I listen and think
I hear you whispering in the box on my desk.
Come here,
Don't be shy.
Be organised and do your job,
Work for me,
Create my world and
make my stories sing.


My plan for this poetry exercise, which is pretty extended as it lasts a whole month, is to have fun with words and tty to get back to a place where the words are doing the work of the character.  Where the words really do speak for themselved.  This is a state I need to be in (as in a good 'state of mind' not a complete, 'argh, nothing is going right, I am a terrible, worthless person' sort of state which is not so helpful) to write well and it is one I have not been close to for a while.  Anyway, poetry attempt two with no revisions and an already noticable lack of balance between stanzas is here, written in a few minutes and now left - not for any particularly artistic reason, just that I need to crack on with a philosophy essay and there are chocolate biscuits waiting if I get a lot done before 5.30 (a.m.  I know. Hardcore).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.'

June days 8 and 9

Dream big, Be grateful, Give love, Laugh lots