Poetry month and I've forgotten which post this is...

So yesterday I had to do two super speedy poems as I hadn't done one the day before and now here I am, rushing still because I didn't get up early and the 'spare' time I did have today was spent going to see Noah at the cinema.  I am never going to look at cute, brightly coloured arks sold in toy shops in quite the same way now.  I am falling back on a primary school staple - the Kennings poem.  It is an ancient Norse verse that describes something without naming it and the form is a chain of pairs of words (or kennings).

Can you guess what it is yet?

Fleet-footed
Roof-dasher

Sharp-eyed
Egg-smasher

Tail-chaser
Pond-drinker

Feather-flutterer
Peace-crusher

Comments

  1. Is it a fox? The fox that got your poor chicken? This is really cleaver, I've never heard of that before!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

'Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.'

Dream big, Be grateful, Give love, Laugh lots

June days 8 and 9