Last day of NaPoWriMo

 I think this month long exercise has shown me that poetry needs work and if you find just one word in a piece that you are happy with and know will be staying, then you have had a good writing session.  It has also shown me, pretty much what I already knew, that anything worth doing is worth taking time over and that I am not a natural poet.  It has been fun however and another month long writing excursion begins tomorrow!

The moon has fallen into the sea,
But the stars are lonely, wishing it back,
I watch them shifting, calling to me,

My arms are reaching far out to the track
where the moon should carefully slide.
The journey is fairytale, the ending not clear,
I want the moon back on its celestial glide,
Whatever I try I will never get near.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.'

Dream big, Be grateful, Give love, Laugh lots

June days 8 and 9