Day 25 Gold

Gold
You gave me gold so when I grew old I would be safe
That gold is a trove hidden from sight until the time is right
And you dig and cover and map and run
While all about you is chaos and ruin comes calling
On wide booted feet that crush and crumble bone
Amid the crying and the smoke I remember the place
And see their faces as they search for what is mine but
I am not old and you are not here and it is too late
When the ground lies wrecked and savage truths split the land
We forget hope and memory is buried beneath the blood
Until a new time when quiet rules and curiosity finds
what you gave me so I would be safe when I grew old.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.'

Blueberry Stormcloud

June days 8 and 9