Poetry day 6


After playing around with the sestet form yesterday, which i very much enjoyed and was quite pleased with the first result, here I am experimenting with the terza rima form.  I am less pleased with this although on paper, the structure looks 'easier' to work with.  I think this rhyme scheme diminishes what I was trying to do as it is clunky and appears forced.  However, this is all about trying and learning through failing and for that reason it stays!

Engineer
An engineer created your mind
He tinkered with your soul
But then it all began to unwind

You were once whole
Until fate or genes called the shots
And you were handed a new role

That wonderful mind turned to knots
Easier to bear once you ceased to know
And stopped worrying about everyone’s plots

That life force used to glow
And I missed it when it was gone
Your laughter stopped its flow

When you had forgotten where you were from
While your memory imploded like a bomb.

Comments

  1. I love this one! Lovely lines in here...'your laughter stopped its flow'. I love when you write longer pieces!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

'Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.'

June days 8 and 9

Dream big, Be grateful, Give love, Laugh lots