Poetry day 28


Stagger
Once you staggered towards me with a milk bottle in your hand,  determined to close the space between us that shoved you further from me with each passing second. 
I thought of milk at school, passed round at break times – glass bottles and thin striped straw stuck through the gleaming silver top.
I thought of mother’s milk, nurturing and necessary to grow that tiny baby into a real person with thoughts, dreams, desires of their own.
I could never know what you were thinking right then, I imagine you could not have told me either,
as you stared through me, hated me and tried to glass me.
Dementia is cruel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.'

Dream big, Be grateful, Give love, Laugh lots

June days 8 and 9